Welcome Home Ministry
There is an old saying, “Once a Catholic, always a Catholic.” Maybe you have been away from the Church for a little while or for quite some time, but now feel a tug at your heart calling you back to the Catholic Church. Listen to that tug and consider just one of the following ways to help you feel a connection with the Catholic Church again:
- Attend Mass regularly perhaps with a friend or family member.
- Read the Bible and pray to God.
- Seek the Sacrament of Reconciliation (confession) so you can receive Holy Communion again.
- Volunteer for Eucharistic Adoration on Thursdays.
- Attend a Bible study course.
- Consider joining the Church and join one of the many ministries, which will help you, feel connected.
HELPING SOMEONE RETURN TO THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
Do you have a family member or loved one who has been away from the Catholic Church? Many of us do but it is awkward, so how can we help them return to Church?
- Sometimes all that is needed is a sincere and loving invitation so offer to attend a Mass
together and perhaps followed by breakfast or dinner or just give them a bulletin.
- If they say no, really listen to them because they have their reasons.
- Be nonjudgmental, affirming, accepting, and patient.
- Let them see your faith working in your life.
- Love them unconditionally - God does!
OF ANOTHER FAITH
If you are currently practicing another faith or have no previous faith background and are considering joining the Catholic Church, you are welcome to attend Mass to see what we are all about. We have many faith formation classes throughout the year that you are welcome to attend. And, if you have questions, we can help you get the information you need.
We are here to help you in any way you need. Please contact our Welcome Home Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can assist you.